Anamorphic Stereo , dual Syphon output with kinect head tracking …

Home Forums Syphon Syphon Implementations – User Anamorphic Stereo , dual Syphon output with kinect head tracking …

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    eloimaduell
    Participant

hi Syphoner’s !

I’ve been struggling to make an experiment work …

I started with http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cg_Programming/Unity/Projection_for_Virtual_Reality

That gived me the ability to create an offset camera that recreates an anamorphic vision of the scene from the point of view of the user tracked with a kinect.

Then i wished i could render this point of view in stereoscopy, so i used stereosKopix asset for having an output with 2 stereo points of view of my anamorphic vision.

That worked and it’s nice to play in such a cheap 1 screen “CAVE” system …

My problem is when i try to output each eye render through syphon …
    In the script that creates the 3D camera’s i have :

leftCam = new GameObject (“leftCam”, Camera);
    rightCam = new GameObject (“rightCam”, Camera);

myL = GameObject.Find(“leftCam”);
    myL.AddComponent(“homographyCam”).projectionScreen = myScreen;
    myR = GameObject.Find(“rightCam”);
    myR.AddComponent(“homographyCam”).projectionScreen = myScreen;

myR.AddComponent(“Syphon”);
    myL.AddComponent(“Syphon”);
    myR.AddComponent(“SyphonServerTexture”);
    myL.AddComponent(“SyphonServerTexture”);`

When i play the game, the script creates two cameras, and add the correct components. On the simpleClient i see “leftCam-Unity3d” and “rightCam-Unity3D” but both have the same image on it … the right cam is visible on both Syphon’s … ?¿

I don’t know why i can’t see different streams from Unity if i’ve applied to each camera (by script, not dragging it) the SyphonServerTexture …

Anyone can give me a trick ?
    Thanks for reading !

vade
    Keymaster

You are overwriting the rendering from one eye with the second.

You need two syphon textures one for left and right respectively, or you need a render pass to blit both left and right into a single texture, and then output that one texture to unity.

eloimaduell
    Participant

Hi Vade !

So when is that i’m overwritting the renders ? or … how could i avoid it ? How can i be sure that each camera has it’s own Syphon server ?

Do i need to change the script name for each cam ?

I’ve been working with unity just for some months and i’m loosing a lot on main concepts … not sure if attaching one same script to different GameObjects creates diferent instances of it or not …

Any hint on how to not overwrite my self are appreciated 😉

Brian Chasalow
    Participant

myR.AddComponent(“Syphon”);
    myL.AddComponent(“Syphon”);

this is bad, for one. it probably takes care of it for you, but only add 1 syphon manager to the highest depth cam plz.

if it still doesnt work, can you send me your scene?
    brian@chasalow.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.